Update on edible crayons

For those who saw my post on edible crayons and are planning to try it, here is a little more information.

I told you I was planning to use a large block of candy instead of the chips.  This is because I live in a small town and that was all that was available.  Well, I have never made my own candy before so I assumed you could use food coloring to add color to the candy once melted.  When you read the directions, it says to use oil based coloring.  What is that?  Also something not available in this small town.  Here is where I got it.  Do not use regular food coloring.  It will ruin your candy.  Good luck creating.

Wilton Candy

Primary Candy Colors Set

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash